I have been tagged by Indigo Bunting. I guess that means I’m It. It’s some kind of meme, I understand, though I’m not altogether sure I know what a meme even is. At any rate, here are six unspectacular things about me:
- I never sneeze fewer than nine times in a row, and frequently as many as fifteen times. The average is twelve or thirteen sneezes.
- My chin jumps when I’m under extreme stress (high emotions, prolonged tension on a job, tremendous concentration on a pinball or video game). I came out of the womb with my chin jumping; my mother says that was how she knew I belonged to her, since her chin jumps, as does one of my brothers’. Her father’s did too, if I recall correctly.
- I prefer to sleep on my right side. If I’ve been lying on my right side to watch television for an hour or so before going to sleep, I may lie on my left side to fall asleep, but it won’t be long before I’m shifting back to my right.
- I no longer allow myself to own a library card because I have too many books that were borrowed and never returned. Not intentionally stolen, just a baaaaaaad case of procrastination. (They finally send me a nasty letter and a bill for the replacements.)
- I think Chapter 7 of Kenneth Grahame’s Wind in the Willows, “The Piper at the Gates of Dawn,” is one of the most transcendent bits of writing in the English language.
- I have an irrational fear of heights, by which I mean three feet off the ground.
Tagging, I understand, obligates those tagged to write a similar post in their own blogs. So I hereby tag Deloney, Nathan, Houston, Iyov, Lee, and Ryan, unless they have already been tagged by others, in which case they need to tell me so I can find someone else to tag.
Meme Terms and Conditions
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Mention the rules on your blog.
- List six unspectacular things about you.
- Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.