here is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” —Carl Gustav Jung
Thanks for Stopping By
- 62,488 visitors. I welcome your comments, be they brickbats or bouquets, terse little shout-outs or long and thoughtful essays. I just want to hear from you.
Join the Conversation!
- SSD on Dogs in the Basement
- zeno k. on Lyric Earwig
- Pam on A Turkey Tale
- Susan Fox on A Turkey Tale
- La jícara | claire of laguna on The Jicara
- Anonymous on Dogs in the Basement
- Thanksgiving on the Internet – Scratching the Surface on The Marilyn Monroe of Thanksgiving Turkeys
- fatherelpaso on How To Become a REAL Shaman in Five Easy Steps
- Marketing Jobs Near Me on Ganesha Talk
- J.P. on The Shaman’s Vision
Most Popular Posts
My Other Blogs
50 Words, 210 People was a nifty writing experiment, now completed, in which I wrote exactly fifty words a day about 210 different people who had touched my life in some way.
Are You on Facebook?
Buy This Book!
It's The Inclusive Bible: The First Egalitarian Translation, my single-volume non-sexist translation of the Bible with a new scholarly commentary, has been published by Sheed & Ward and is now available from Amazon.com.
It is a completely new translation of the Bible from the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and koiné Greek into richly poetic, non-sexist, and non-classist modern English.
Or click here to download a sample.