“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” —Gautama Siddhartha, the Buddha
Thanks for Stopping By
- 62,488 visitors. I welcome your comments, be they brickbats or bouquets, terse little shout-outs or long and thoughtful essays. I just want to hear from you.
Join the Conversation!
- SSD on Dogs in the Basement
- zeno k. on Lyric Earwig
- Pam on A Turkey Tale
- Susan Fox on A Turkey Tale
- La jícara | claire of laguna on The Jicara
- Anonymous on Dogs in the Basement
- Thanksgiving on the Internet – Scratching the Surface on The Marilyn Monroe of Thanksgiving Turkeys
- fatherelpaso on How To Become a REAL Shaman in Five Easy Steps
- Marketing Jobs Near Me on Ganesha Talk
- J.P. on The Shaman’s Vision
Most Popular Posts
My Other Blogs
50 Words, 210 People was a nifty writing experiment, now completed, in which I wrote exactly fifty words a day about 210 different people who had touched my life in some way.
Are You on Facebook?
Buy This Book!
It's The Inclusive Bible: The First Egalitarian Translation, my single-volume non-sexist translation of the Bible with a new scholarly commentary, has been published by Sheed & Ward and is now available from Amazon.com.
It is a completely new translation of the Bible from the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and koiné Greek into richly poetic, non-sexist, and non-classist modern English.
Or click here to download a sample.